Monday, November 5, 2007

Chugga Chugga Choo Choo


It's amazing what ideas you can come up with when on a last minute basis. I would consider myself a very lucky procrastinator. For Halloween last week I had absolutely no idea what I was going to be. Two hours before the Weber State University Monster Mash I was running to the store with five of my friends to find something we could construct a costume out of.

It was while strolling down the sporting goods aisle in Walmart that we had an epiphany on what we should be. Walmart had five pair of roller blades on sale, all of which were the right size. It was destined that we had to use these roller blades in some way. And what way to better utilize them than to be a train!

Everything fell perfectly into place after that. We found over-alls on sale and train conductor hats. After a few other stops at different stores we even found five cardboard boxes we could use as box cars.

With little time to spare, we dashed home to assemble our costumes. Much to my surprise it turned out to be so dang cute! When we got to the Monster Mash we all lined up in a train and skated into the dance. Everyone loved our costume. People complimented our creativity and laughed at our sillyness.

However, after about ten minutes of roller blading around our feet started to hurt quite a bit. It was also really hard to dance with roller blades on. So we took off the blades and removed the train. Then, we danced the night away.

The following day in The Signpost I was extremely surprised when I turned the page and found a big picture of me and my friends as the train. I couldn't believe it.

See, it's amazing what ideas you can come up with when on a last minute basis.

No comments: