Sunday, September 21, 2008

Like A Fat Kid Loves Cake....

So I accomplished going a whole month without eating any sweets...and boy was it hard. I decided to cut out my excessive sugar intake because I'm trying to be more healthy. So here I was today...having been so good for a month of being sugar free that I decided I would treat myself to a little snack. Needless to say...I didn't exactly just dip my toes into the sugary sweet fountain...I dived...NO...I plunged! But oh man, it was SO worth it! I ate peanut butter brownies, carrot cake, baklava, poppyseed cake...you name it. (Don't worry...the food was supplied by a cousin's farewell)


So, now the after effect. I am SICK to my stomach. I feel like I have to throw up! PLEASE...someone pump my stomach. It was sooo good....but I am definitely paying for it now. I haven't had that much sugar in forever. Not to mention I am on a complete sugar high...I can't sleep! Why is it that we as humans never learn either. I feel so sick right now but tomorrow I'll forget all about it and in a months time I'll probably do the same thing over again. Wash, rinse, repeat.

So tomorrow it's back to no sugar! Please...this time let me learn! But man...it was worth it!

3 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

That's admirable. I think I need something sweet pretty much every day. But, ya know, balance is good... won't kill ya to have a few sweets here and there. Peace. Love. Hippies. :) (Ha ha.. thanks for your comment. You're free to join. Then we can BOTH get hot irish men. Mmmmyeah.)

Jessica said...

LOL!! Love that you got sick over your over indulgence in the fabulousness of life!! I have to admit I have struggled with the no sugar thing - but I am trying! Thanks for the motivation! Love ya!

kaceydaniels said...

i love you like a fat kid loves cake..so it all works out.