Friday, September 5, 2008

Summer Highlights

Since I didn't post anything over the summer I thought I would give a brief overview of some of my favorite events. So, here it goes...



I think one of the greatest highlights, and most monumental, was the wedding of my very good friend Emily Bokinskie. She was the first to go out of my 5 roomies...we will forever miss her. But luckily we all love Jimmy, her husband, so we let her go freely! I got to be a bridesmaid in her wedding...along with 5 others. I'm pretty sure we made up the hottest bridesmaid clan ever. The whole day was so much fun as we got to witness the happy couple come together.



I didn't get to do a whole lot of vacationing over the summer, unfortunately, but going to California with the family was more than enough fun. Dad and Alex got to go to New York for baseball, so the rest of us decided we'd head the opposite direction and hit up Disneyland. I LOVE Disneyland, it never gets old. Everything from Pirates of the Carribean to eating really big pickles! For the first time ever we ate The Blue Bayou. It was delicios! I don't think I could ever eat a churro again after that meal...that's how good it was. So ya, Disneyland was a blast!



I shot a gun for the first time this summer! Shand and Jessica are gun crazy, so they took me out to do some shootin' with them. My favorite is the shotgun, it has a nice kick to it. I wasn't very good at hitting the clay pigeons though (1:10). I got to a second time with some friends. I can't even tell you how many guns I shot that time because there was about 50 to choose between! I never understood what it was with boys and guns...but now I think I have an idea, they're fun! haha

I'm sure there are plenty of other fun and exciting things I did this summer...I just can't think of them at the moment. So, this is it for now. Really, summers just aren't what they used to be. I wish I could go back to when summers were filled with simming, lemonade stands, and night games. Sacrifices of getting old, right!?

1 comment:

Jessica said...

so glad you had such a fabulous summer!! How is school going for you?!? I hope swimmingly - I missed you last weekend while you were at Powell - Love you!