Wednesday, December 24, 2008

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas Everyone! I can't believe it's already here. This year has come and gone so quickly (it makes me a little sad) but I'm excited to end the year off the traditional way. Christmas, to me, is all about being with my family and doing our every year traditions. Every Christmas Eve we go over to my Aunt Mars house and have a HUGE Christmas feast! I love it for the food, but I also love to celebrate Christ's birth with the ones I love most...my family. Of course, after the feast we will watch the little christmas movie of Luke 2. My parents have always made sure that we understand the real meaning of Christmas. And even though getting gifts is always a joy, we know that our greatest gift was our Savior.

Every Christmas Eve us kids always open one gift...and it's always pajamas. I can't tell you the number of pajamas I have accumulated over the years, haha. And no matter how old I get I still have a hard time falling asleep on Christmas Eve. Usually we'll wake up early Christmas morning and unwrap our presents first thing. Although I am excited to receive gifts this year I am really excited to give my gifts for others. We got surprise gifts for my mom and dad this year and I am excited to see their reactions.

Then, after all the gifts are unwrapped and we are swimming in wrapping and tissue paper, the whole family comes over to our house for yet another Christmas feast. My mom makes a traditional Christmas Caserole for breakfast and blue berry muffins. We eat alot of food (again), show off our gifts, and play fun games together. And that's my typical Christmas!

I hope all of you enjoy your Christmas as well this year, and may you all remember what the real spirit of Christmas is!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

merry christmas to you! Thanks for helping me improve my snowboard skills.. even if I do fail to follow instructions and revert back to my old way of "falling leaf" down the mountain!

Kelly Jean said...

Sounds like so much fun! Gotta love new jammies :) I love this season. Glad we get to still feel the magic of it til New Year's.