Sunday, August 2, 2009

Showered with Love

It has been a weekend full of Bridal Showers! A total of 3 to be exact. I feel so spoiled and I'm not entirely sure that I deserve all the generous gifts given, but I'm pretty happy about it just the same. My family shower was a blast, it was fun to get both sides of the families together to celebrate. We were spoiled, of course, with plenty of gifts that will surely get us started in our new life! However, I must say that the best gift of the whole night was this little number....
A see through plastic nighty decked out with pink lace and frills made by none other than Mark's sister Robin. Turns out it was made out of a chicken feed bag...I could barely get it over my head. And lets just say the only thing that would fit in the leg holes were my thumbs so the panties became a hat instead!

My ward shower was quite plentiful in gifts as well. It was nice to know so many people in the nieghborhood are so supportive and excited for me! I can't thank all the ladies enough who put together the whole production. The Bridal Shower Crew...Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou

The friend shower was also very fun. It's always good to catch up with old friends you don't see very often. Thanks to those who did come...I loved all the cute gifts. And as for all those other little numbers...I'm sorry...I just don't know if they can compare to the chicken bag.

4 comments:

MelanieBrenchley said...

Oh yes, the turkey bag is a definite must on the honeymoon! What a good sport you were. That was hilarious and tons of fun. Hope to see you soon! Mel

Robin said...

A feed bag? You're a crack-up-it's an oven roasting bag! I'm still chuckling just thinking about the unveiling!! You were hilarious!

Robin said...

By the way...you're now on the 10 day countdown!!!!! I can't wait!

Kelly Jean said...

Ahhh, I wish I could've come to your shower!! Such a bummer. I was at a Summit all weekend. But I'm glad you were showered with a bunch of goodies! :)