Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Ridin' Dirty

Over Labor Day weekend Mark and I joined up with the Montgomery Fam for a weekend of riding and camping! Mark was way excited because this was the first time he's had the chance to ride his bike all summer. I was excited because this was just my second time riding a bike. So...we drove out to the middle of NO WHERE, and I quite literally mean no where, and set up camp! Of course you can't go camping without plenty of food. I made this very large batch of "Addiction", and by the end of the 2 days it was gone. And even though we had all this food...the boys seemed to like eating Wild Tarantulas better. Yes...that was a real tarantula, until they fried it up over the campfire and devoured it. YUCK! And as it turns out, the Montgoery boys also LOVE fire. I've never burned so many large objects in a camp fire before...such as WHOLE TREES. Mark, I found out, is also the King of "Sobe Bombs". In other words, my pyro husband likes to blow up glass bottles full of gasoline.

Once the time came for riding though, we were all going crazy having a good time. And as I am sitting here writing this I can still feel the affects of it all...my tooshie is as sore and can be! But what can I say...it was soo worth it!

1 comment:

MelanieBrenchley said...

Good good times girl. "In the middle of nowhere" is right! How the boys found that spot, I don't know. But this I do know: YOU CAN RIDE! I'll eat your dust any day. That was way fun. We need to do it again soon!