Saturday, October 10, 2009

Frightmares

I promised we would do something fun soon...so we did! Mark had this rare weekend off work, so we decided to take advantage of it and have some fun. And since Mark LOVES Lagoon and I LOVE Halloween...Frightmares was the perfect combination!

It was all hunkidorey at first...going on all the rollercoasters, sreaming our heads off, throwing our arms up in the air. And then...my 21-year-old body decided that I was too old for such adventures. What the heck, I used to never get sick on rollercoasters. But there I was, dry heaving after every ride, turning green in the face, trying not to pass out. Lame huh? It gets worse with age I tell ya.

But we still had a rockin good time. Since we had to take frequent breaks between rides it gave Mark an excuse to get every treat he could ever dream of: cotton candy, dip n' dots, churros, caramel apples... I'm pretty sure we spent just as much money on treats as we did on admission into the park.

We had to hide the cotton candy before a ride...we thought this looked like a legit way to cover it up.

The Haunted Houses weren't very...haunted. Unfortunately for Mark, I walk straight through haunted houses with out a care or scare. But then again...we're past that whole "dating" stage...so I guess he could care less if I tried to get close. Geez, I'm so glad we're past that stage.

Happy October!!!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I totally know how you feel!! I used to ride the swings (Turn of the Century?) and get right back in line and ride over and over. But a few years ago, I about lost it after the first 4 seconds of the ride. I had to close my eyes and pray that I wouldn't lose my lunch for the rest of the ride. It sucks! FYI-Dramamine helps!

MelanieBrenchley said...

I don't know, Michelle. I have a theory. Seeing that last picture, the nausea, hmmm...it's all adding up...... ;)

Looks like you guys had a blast! We need to get together soon.
Love, Mel

Kelly Jean said...

Oh my goodness, I love Lagoon. Or maybe just Amusement parks. :) They're so fun!! And Halloween's the best. The ONE day of the year where you can dress up and not be looked at funny. My my. Love it. Sounds like a good time... especially the dry heaving part(s) ;)