Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Hippity Hop

I started a hip-hop class tonight and boy am I out of shape! I have been wanting to take some sort of dance class again for the longest time, but never got around to looking for one or setting aside the time. My friend McCall invited me to come join one of the classes she takes, though, and I finally got the push I needed to do it!

It was way fun. Apparently there are a bunch of moms that usually come (because it's an adult class) but tonight it was just McCall, me, and the teacher. It was good though because we got to do a lot and just dance and have a fun time. Since I'm not planning on trying out for SYTYCD anytime soon...it's just a great way to get some physical activity in doing what I love.

But seriously...after the warm up I was already out of breath. I don't remember how on earth I used to do it for hours upon hours at a time. I was surprised I could still even touch my toes! So I think this is going to be good for me to kind of get my heart back into shape. Plus it's fun dancin' with the girls and shakin' it.

But may my body heal quickly so I can function once again...

3 comments:

McCall said...

You have another friend named McCall?! Crazy!!!

MelanieBrenchley said...

Oh my gosh I can just see you jammin' out. You are so dang cute.
Love, Mel
ps - you know I love the playlist!!!

Kelly Jean said...

You go girl. You can totally make it to SYTYCD.