Friday, May 28, 2010

Days off...

I got called off work the past couple days. The break was nice, but a bigger paycheck would have been nicer. Anyway, Mark and I were able to spend a lot of time together since usually I'm working during the day while he sleeps during the day and works at night. He's now 100% night shifts (poor thing), but surprisingly he likes it that way. Here's a cute shot I got my little hubs snoozing on the couch. We're total movie gurus, so in the past couple days we've managed to watch quite a handful. Starting with a few homemade videos Mark made when he was in Elementary School and Jr. High. They were ridiculously dumb, but that's what made them so much more entertaining. Someday I will have to transfer them over to DVD. Other movies included Leap Year (lame!), and the every so classic LadyHawke.

I decided to try out my cute cookie stamp today. I've never used it, and never really knew how to use it, so I just kind of made it up as I went.
I found just some ordinary sugar cookie recipe and started bakin'! Then I stamped the dough to make these cute little flower designs. I think this recipe was too buttery for stamping though because as they baked the flowers started to disappear. So, I re-stamped them as they were out and cooling. I realize it's cheating...but I don't care.

Well, what else is new? Oh! Mark and I are once again an Aunt and Uncle! Before I married Mark I didn't have any nieces or nephews, only fun little cousins. But now I have 24 in all! They are all so much fun.
This little doll was born last week. Her name is Justice Ruth Montgomery. Look at her big chubby checks...I couldn't help but pinch them!

Earlier this week we went to my brothers choir concert. They both did such a fabulous job. Parker even sang a solo in which all the ladies loved. Oh, what studs they are...

1 comment:

SLC said...

I know what you mean about the nieces and nephews! None on my side...26 on Luke's. It's rediculous! Which sibling had the baby? We didn't hear about that one! I love her cheeks :) Glad you had some days off with your man...what's that like? haha