Sunday, May 9, 2010

Quilting

As I was bored this weekend I decided to rummage through my piles of scrap-fabric and see if I could come up with a craft to work on. I came upon a bunch of extra fabric I had from a rag-quilt I made a friend quite some time ago. There wasn't enough to make a whole big quilt...so I figured I could just make a miniature baby quilt. I only had to buy another yard of the pink fabric to make it big enough. I'd say this was the best project yet...it only cost me $3!

Cutting the squares is always a tedious task. But the fun part is putting them all together and figuring out your design.

The half-way stage. It looks done on one side...but then you realize the most tedious part has yet to come...ragging.

Then after a thousand snips and a quick wash....TA DA!

I'm not entirely sure what I am going to do with it now. Maybe give it to my sister-in-law at her baby shower...or maybe I'll store it for a couple years. Who knows.

4 comments:

tara said...

hey that fabric looks familiar....

Mike and Kathryn said...

That blanket is super cute, I suddenly have inspiration to make my nephews one:)

Kelly Jean said...

Look at you! So crafty. That's admirable :)

Jemmily said...

Will you teach me??? Now that I have graduated I am looking for hobbies other than writing 10 page papers!! That would be so fun to learn!! You are so talented mirsh!!