Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Art...or something

Remember how I exchanged my Kitchenaid? Well...I had enough dough left over to get this beauty! Isn't it fun?! Typically I am not a fan of mass produced art (and part of me still hates if for being just that), but something about it "spoke to me." I love the whimsical nature of it and all the fun colors! Plus, I really needed something to fill up that huge empty wall. Love.
On another note, my sister bought me this adorable cute little birdie. Isn't he darling? And thanks to my mom handing down this awesome chest to me, I now have the perfect little set up for my dining room corner. Mark still doesn't quite get it but I love to decorate and create. Yes, we probably have way to many things in our little apartment, but somehow I still manage to find "empty" spaces anyhow.
Now...on to the next project!

4 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Art is so diverse, which is why I love it so much. All the little trinkets are what make your home YOURS. That's such a beautiful piece! And that Temple picture is so gorgeous, I love it!! Wonderful taste, Michelle :)

Jessica said...

One can never have too much -- which is bad because you'll continue to find "empty" spaces forever...at least I do.

And I love your little birdie. And your's has such a cute home -- mine is still looking for a place to land.

MelanieBrenchley said...

Love the painting. One thing though -- your little apartment is lacking the bright SuperMan-blue carpet that my first apartment had. Oh well, you can't have it all :)

SLC said...

The guys never "get it" Yesterday I went and spent money that was supposed to go towards my fall preggo wardrobe but instead I found things to make the bathroom pretty. I spent so much time in there lately it was SOOOO worth it to me :) And though Luke agreed it looked way better, he couldn't quite wrap his head around it. Atleast Carter notices stuff and said "ohhh pwitty pwitty" when he saw the changes haha