Sunday, August 15, 2010

Happy Versary!

I've been married to my hunk of burnin' love for 1 whole year! I can hardly believe it, but it's true. They say the first year of marriage is the toughest. I say if that's true than we'll have it pretty damn easy. Sure, life has thrown a few curve balls at us, but that's what makes it such an accomplishment.
(Our friends gave us this saying on a magnet. I think it's hilarious!)

Anyway...we had such a great weekend celebrating. Mark had Friday night off work so we went to the Anniversary Inn. We had the Romeo & Juliet Suite. And boy was it sweet! We just hung out all night, watched movies, baffled at the size of the enormous tub, had complimentary cheesecake and sparkling cider, and all sorts of fun. p.s. They have killer military discounts. We initially used Mark's IHC discount but later found out that the military discount was almost double. Highly recommend using it if you can!

As tradition would have it...we unfroze our year old wedding cake. Remember this beauty...
Yup...the one that was NOT suppose to be fondant but was anyway (and may or may not have possibly turned me into bridezilla). Well, it turns out that one year old fondant isn't any better than regular fondant. The carrot cake, however, was surprisingly moist and tasty. After 2 bites though, we were done. Kind of makes me wish we would have just eaten it right after our reception. It's a waste of a perfectly good cake if you ask me.
So...one year down. Here's to plenty more! Luv ya babe!

7 comments:

Mike and Kathryn said...

Oh wow yeah it feels like I just BARELY went to your guys' wedding!! Mike and I are approaching 5 months and I can't believe how fast it's going. Congrats though for making it through your "tough" first year;)

Lauren and Steve said...

Happy One year!!!! I think they are crazy, our first year was just GREAT, sounds like yours was too!! Congrats!!

Ashlee said...

Just so you know, Michelle, I love your cake! I think it's gorgeous! And Happy Anniversary! It's so weird that you are old enough to be married for a year- I guess you're kind of like a little sister to me because of Jessica:)

Ale and Emily said...

Congrats! It's so exciting to finally get to that landmark in your marriage!

Kelly Jean said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary!!! That carrot cake sounds delicious! We couldn't wait a year to eat ours, so we just ate it at our 1-monther, haha. I love that dress, by the way! Cute cute cute.

Brigitte M. said...

You and Mark really are so perfect for each other! Hope you had so much fun! I think we should do another "dance" class in honor of your one year anniversary haha just sayin.... ;)

AmyK said...

Happy anniversary! For us the first year was easiest--the second year was harder, the third was even harder! I'm hoping the fourth year (which we just started!) will be better.