Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bountiful Baskets

Ever feel like the grocery store is ripping you off in the produce department? I always do, especially when I really want to be healthy and get the good stuff. Why is it that a box of Macaroni costs only 99 cents but you have to give a leg and arm for actual food?

I now have a solution! Jessica introduced me to Bountiful Baskets this week. Bountiful baskets is a Food Co-Op with locations all across the state (and in some other states). What you do is sign up for a food baskets online early Monday night (and you have to be quick because they go fast), and then the following Saturday morning you drive to your location of choice and pick up this huge basket of fresh food! It's 50% veggies and 50% fruit, and it's all only $15.

So, I went and picked up my basket early this morning and was so pleasantly pleased! Honestly, I don't know how we're going to eat all of this food, but I can't wait to start. I'll let you know how my cooking adventures turn out this week (I already have THIS in mind for the butternut squash).


Speaking of cooking adventures... Ever feel like dinner just ends up being whatever you can scramble together out of your cabinets? Many times I'm not so lucky with the results, but last night I was! It's not your traditional Roast Beef sandwich, but I had a roast...so that should work right? Au Ju!



And on a completely different note...this is what happens when you have a headstand contest with your husband. Don't you hate how the littlest things hurt the most! (p.s. please don't look at my nail polish job...it's scary). I may have been injured in the battle, but needless to say...he got served!


4 comments:

Brigitte M. said...

I love love love bountiful baskets! I've been doing it since I got back from Hawaii in April and because they give you so much I usually do it every other week, but its so worth it! I love it! Especially since I hate grocery shopping! Welcome to the BB club! Have fun cooking!

Robin said...

I just signed up! I can't wait to see what goodies I get! Thanks for the tip!

Bryce and Lauren said...

ha ha oh my yes welcome to the BB club! It's all the rage in married housing...we like to share with our neighbors because it's so bountiful :) gotta love a good deal

Chels said...

I've never heard of Bountiful Baskets in my life. That is SWEET. Hooray for cheap healthy food!