Thursday, September 23, 2010

Heavenly...

Could it get any better? I dare say NAY!

I am never making a boxed cake again. This cake is far too delectable. I found the recipe here. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a sucker for chocolate. So when I saw this double layer of chocolatey goodness I had to try it. It's a perfect blend of richness, moistness, and fluffiness.

I'll be honest. When it comes to cakes I always take the easy way out and buy the $.99 box at the store, whip it up, and put it my name on it. Little did I know what I was missing out on when it comes to cakes and frosting made from scratch. Yum! Another MUST try.

6 comments:

Anna Walker said...

Holy Moly! That cake looks amazing!!! I don't think I would buy a box mix again after seeing/eating this!

http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

Kristie said...

Here's another fabulous food blog for you to drool over...
http://jamiecooksitup.blogspot.com/
BTW, love the cake plate!

Emma said...

gotta love the scratch cake, looks delish.

Emma said...

and it reminds of the giant chocolate cake on matilda!!!

Chels said...

I kind of just drooled on my keyboard.

MelanieBrenchley said...

Ok - so I love how the chocolate cake posting gets immediate comments! I don't know anyone who doesn't love good chocolate cake. I remember my mother-in-law telling me when we first got married that there was a difference between boxed and homemade chocolate cake. At the time, I was thinking, "Who has time for making homemade cake... and really is there a difference?" Age, wisdom, and refined taste buds have shown me the light. I will email you "Clarene's Chocolate Cake" recipe. It is so dense and good. For birthdays I have now started making Clarene's homemade cake, but like this:
http://clawsonlive.blogspot.com/2009/06/i-love-birthday-cake.html (my friend's blog)
Next March I will make it for you.