Saturday, September 4, 2010

I can Fondue....Can you Fondue?

Yes ladies and gentleman, we fondued. We fondued hardcore. My younger bro Parker came up with this fabulous idea earlier today to create our own "Melting Pot" restaurant at home. And what a great idea it was.

For starters, I made this delish cheese fondue. It's a bit of an acquired taste (cheese and fruit combo), but surprisingly tasty.

For our second course we switched to fondueing (is that a word?) meat.

And finally, topped of the evening with the ever so delicious chocolate fondue. Mmm, anything is good as long as it's smothered in chocolate.

I'm so glad I got to enjoy this experience with my family! Fondue takes A LOT of preparation, and that was honestly what made this whole thing fun. Just spending time with the family in the kitchen. Is there any greater thing? I think not.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

yummy yummy - I agree wholeheartedly that this was a fantastic evening with some pretty fantastic people. Let's do it again.

Kelly Jean said...

Oooh, fondue! Yumm! I CAN fondue, because you gave us a snazzy fondue set! Thanks again ;) And I agree - nothing beats hanging out with the family (and eating chocolate) :)

MelanieBrenchley said...

Oh - you are a girl after my own heart! Sometimes the gals "fondue" when the boys go to the Priesthood Session. (Mostly because the boys think that "tiny bites" aren't enough for a meal... but we all disagree!) We need to do this soon! -- Like maybe next month, huh!