Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Nordstrom

Alright...I mind as well share what's new. I am now officially working for Nordstrom! You may recall I was having a hard time finding/picking a job. Turns out it wasn't that hard...Nordstrom just felt right. I'm in week 2 and so far I am LOVING it. Yes...I am a college graduate and loving my job in retail sales (who'd of thunk?). I get to do what I love every day...SHOP (only I do it vicariously through other people). Some days kind of stink because not a lot of people come in to buy, but other days (like today) are awesome.

I was helping a woman pick out an outfit to send to her daughter for her birthday. She wanted to get her a good fall outfit to wear to work. So we browsed the store and I put together a very darling (in my opinion) work outfit. Consisting of these items: Houndstooth Skirt, Ruffle Bow Tank, Halogen Cardi. She was the sweetest lady and kept telling me how helpful I was being. Then she said she would need to go look at shoes. I told her I would go down and help her pick out some shoes to go with the outfit. She asked me if I could do that since I work in clothing, I told her of course I could! So we went downstairs and found these fun flats to go with. She was so happy to have found the whole outfit for her daughter. We got everything bundled up and shipped it to her daughter to be there in time for her birthday. Then the sweet lady asked me what my managers name was and what the store's managers name was and said she was going to go march back upstairs and tell them how helpful I was and how "In all [her] years of shopping at Nordstrom she had never received such customer service as [I] showed [her]." Then she asked me when I would be working next because she wanted to come in and have me help her find some things for herself and for her son. Yay!

Then I was helping another customer find a top to go with a skirt she had bought for her daughter. It was a really unusual mauve/pink color and hard to match, but I found her the perfect thing to go with it. She, too, told me how helpful I was and also asked if I would be working this weekend to help her find some things for herself. Luckily, I am!

And that's when no matter how much you sell you still have a great day at work. Not to mention my sales were pretty great too. So...next time your in Nordstrom at Fashion Place Mall come say hi to me. I promise I won't make you buy anything, but I would love to see all your beaming faces.

p.s. Don't you love this cute Boyfriend Cardi I bought for myself today...

5 comments:

Mike and Kathryn said...

I LOVE LOVE Nordstrom!! MAC and Brass Plum...can't get enough, I'm jealous. You're lucky you're good in retail, I worked at the Buckle for over 2 years and could never get the hang of selling clothing! Some people (like you) are just naturally good at it I guess, definitely not me though lol.

Kristie said...

Love the outfit you picked out for that lady! I would totally wear something like that, except for it doesn't really fit in with my SAH Mom gig. Glad you have found a job that you love!

Travis and Addie Ohrn said...

Hook me up after I have the baby!! I love nordstrom! You're PERFECT for that job Michelle! Congrats!

Kelly Jean said...

Look at you go!!! You're so in your element! Sounds like the perfect place for you to be!! :)

Emma said...

you know i love the nordstrom. what department are you in so i can say hi!