Monday, October 11, 2010

The Bluebird

Today Mark and I took a short little road trip up to Logan. Mark had to meet up with up his nephew J.J. to get some things fixed on his laptop. Now...neither of us are really all that fond of Logan. I know, I know...all you Aggies are probably freaking out right now, but calm down.

Mark went to USU once upon a time...but lets just say he was more of a "Laggie" than an Aggie. As for me, my only memories of Logan are stopping at "The Bluebird" for lunch during my travels up to Bear Lake. So as tradition would have it, that's exactly what we did while we were there.


I don't know if it's so much the food I love, or just the pure nostalgia and quaint atmosphere of the restaurant. The old fashioned soda bar is totally cute, and their chocolate display is a treat to the eye.



This was probably the funniest moment of the whole day-trip. Yes, I frequently drive down the freeway with my van door open and my leg sticking out. Seriously? I guess his feet needed some air...


And I must say...Mark fit right back in to "living the glory days" like he used to. Oh to be young and carefree in college again...

All in all, it was a fun little trip up to Aggie land. Mark said "This was probably the first positive memory I have had of Logan since 1999."

1 comment:

Alexandra said...

HA! his comment at the end is the very best.