Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fun...

My Saturday turned out to be everything I never thought it would be....fun. Want to hear all about it? I know you do...

Once Mark was up and going for the "day" we decided to go see The King's Speech. ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE! I love movies that have good historical insights and tell of the struggles and courage of brave people. I wouldn't be surprised if this movie gets nominated for many "bests". If you haven't seen it, click on the link, watch the trailer, and buy your tickets! (It is rated R...but what do you expect from a bunch of swearing Brits?)

After the movie I was starving from not eating anything all day but some crackers, so Mark being the gentleman that he is let me pick where we would eat. I saw the flickering sign of Lee's Mongolian BBQ and got the craving to go. Seriously, Lee's is the best hole in the wall in all of Ogden. I used to go ALL the time in college with my friends. But it had been like 2 years and it was time for Mark to see my Mongolian side. (I took a picture on my camera phone but it doesn't do the food justice...soo here one stolen from their website)
After dinner Mark mentioned his throat was really sore (he's had a sore throat for a couple days now...poor little woudie). Ice Cream seemed like a good solution so we stopped at Farr's Icecream and got ourselves a little dessert (even though I was completely stuffed from all my Mongolian goodness).

Can I just stop and take a moment to say that Black Licorice ice cream is THE BEST GOSH DARN ICE CREAM....EVER! Mmm...

So after the delicious ice cream we went home and watched yet another movie. Our title of choice....Food Inc. It seemed appropriate since we had just somehow managed to eat more calories in an hours time than we eat in a whole week. Ever wonder what if would feel like to think like one of those "organic" Nazis? Watch this movie and you'll get just the slightest urge to move far away, start a farm, and raise chickens...

But don't worry...it quickly fades. Shortly after finishing movie #2 for the night Mark once again wanted something cold and smooth for his throat. Where to next? 711 for Slurpees!

Mark loves slurpees. I don't. So I was feeling kind of left out...and then I eyed this...

Mmm....Maple Bar! Now, usually 711's donuts are somewhat stale and lack in selection. But we got there at just the right time! The donuts were piled high and freshly delivered. It was the best maple bar I've ever had...and that's saying a lot comparing it to all those other thousands of maple bars I've consumed. What the heck...it was 11:30 at night and I had already demolished any bit of self control...why not finish it off with a bang?

So, moral of the story...boring days can turn out fun after all.

What did you do? I bet you didn't eat as much I did...


6 comments:

kaceyd said...

I totally watched Food Inc. It was pretty interesting. And I love that you stuffed yourself silly. We all deserve that now and then.

Robin said...

You were totally meant to be a Montgomery Girl! We all LOOOVE Farr's black licorice ice cream! And what the heck happened to the old store by the temple? Are they not there anymore? When did they get that big fancy building? I don't know if it would feel like Farr's if we weren't all crammed in that green-tiled space waiting for our number to be called. :)

Kelly Jean said...

Ooh, I've been wanting to see The King's Speech!!! I've heard nothing but good things about it, so maybe we'll have to check it out this week :) And YUM... all that food sounds so delicious.

Christine Frandsen said...

1. I've wanted to go to a Mongolian grill even since Paul went to Mongolia. But he always talks about while he was there he saw a restaurant that said "Mongolia's first Mongolian grill", so it may not be entirely authentic-- but I'm sure they try ;)

2. Farr's Ice Cream in Ogden is awesome. We used to go there after Family reunions.

3. I ate a lot on Saturday. CiCi's Pizza buffet. Definitely quantity over quality there, but what the hey?

4. Cute hair, lady!

MelanieBrenchley said...

Lee's Mongolian....MMMM! Love it love it love it!

And the ice cream? Oh sister, you had me @ "black".....

McCall said...

Black licorice ice cream?! Sounds delicious! I may have to try some. Thanks for the tip!