Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Farewell

Remember how Byron & Catherine got a mission call to Guatemala? Well...there farewell was this past Sunday and what a farewell party it was! As Mark and I were driving to hear them speak in church he said, "My mom will give the most thoughtful and detailed talk that she's probably been working on for two weeks. My did will get up there and shoot from the hip, telling stories that somehow come together to make perfect sense"....couldn't have predicted it better myself. They did great!

Afterward, Otis was ordained a deacon. Check out his studly zoot suit. Lookin' sharp for his big moment!

The food and company was delicious. I'm amazed we can squeeze 30+ bodies in their little house...it's a good thing we don't mind getting close.

I know...I have beautiful sister-in-laws. You don't have to tell me.

Unplanned...Mark and I matched. (I think he subconsciously always picks a tie to match what I'm wearing). He's my handsome man!

And can you not love those cheeks!? Seriously...I could watch her smile all day. Best. Baby Smile. Ever.

Last picture of Mark with mom and dad before he left for Texas the next day for some Army training. We sure do love you Byron & Catherine. Good luck on your mission, you will be missed. Have Fun!

3 comments:

Robin said...

That was such a great/kind of sad day! Mark did a good job taking pics, and I love that one of you two! You're a stunning couple!

P.S. My "word verification" word is nessi. Isn't that the name of the Loch Ness Monster? Awesome.

MelanieBrenchley said...

Great day. Marky was dead-on about the talks. Funny funny.

McCall said...

I absolutely LOVE your dress, Michelle!