Monday, April 4, 2011

Rube Goldberg Homework

While my parents are out of town this week I'm staying with my brothers making sure they don't cause any trouble. The perks of housesitting...a huge king size bed all to myself, only 5 minutes to work, and lots of fun with my bros. The downside...helping them with their homework.

Last night, Parker and I spent 5 hours concocting our own version of a Rube Goldberg machine. Seriously? I never had to create a Rube Goldberg machine in my days...and let tell you that it's a lot more complicated than I thought it would be.

The challenge: filling a glass with water in no less that 6 steps and 3 machines must be involved (ie wheel and axel, screw, inclined plane, etc). What are teachers doing to kids these days?

Anyway...after many failed attempts we finally got one put together. Voila!

video


Sure hope you get an A+ Parker!

3 comments:

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

Crazy.....homework really stinks. So glad to be done with it right?

Jessica said...

1: I do not even know who Rube Goldberg is (or in what class you would learn this)

2: The two of you did a fantastic job!

3: Love ya!

MelanieBrenchley said...

Just don't let the brothers paint the side of the house again!!! Ha Ha - that's the greatest story ever.