Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Kitchen Makeover

Before:

After:

Wow, I've been anxiously awaiting the day I could write this post! I'm super excited about my "new" kitchen cabinets. Let's start from the beginning shall we?...

So Mark and I are moving into Mark's parents house while they are away for a year and half on their mission (yay free rent!). Needless to say, I'm a project person....so before we moved in I wanted to do a little facelift in the kitchen. I really didn't have the slightest clue what I was doing or how I was going to do it. Thank goodness for relatives who know a thing or two about kitchen cabinets.


Sweet Shane and Jessica came up one Saturday and helped me get started. Shane, being the made craftsman that he is, added the trim onto the doors for me. Then they helped me paint all of the cabinets and I finished it off by giving them a bit of a distressed look.

It took up the whole day, but we got it done! The next step to sprucing them up was to add the hardware. I don't know how they ever lived without hardware! For me, this is what really made the difference. (p.s. why is hardware so dang expensive! It's only metal!)

Anyway, I'm really quite pleased with my little weekend project. It's taken me forever to get pictures because let's just say the house hasn't been very orderly while we've been moving.

P.S. Thank goodness I found THIS awesome "kitchen transformation in a box" kit. Made it so easy! Now I just need to paint the walls a new color?

2 comments:

Kelly Jean said...

Oooh, I LOVE the new look!!!! GREAT JOB!!!

PS -- Parker (your bro) rocks :)

Chels said...

Kitchen transformations are so fun! Very cute!