Saturday, January 7, 2012

Where I have been...


Well, this is the first Saturday I have had absolutely "free" in a looooong time. I've spent a lot of weekends down at my parents lately, mainly because I don't care to be home alone while Mark works. So, it was rather strange this morning waking up late in my own bed to a quiet empty house with absolutely nothing to do all day.

While sitting here I realized I have not posted anything of significance in a loooong time as well. So...I'll start my day off with blogging! Take a deep breath...here's the past little while in review:

Jade's Wedding

Let's start back in November shall we? My cousin Jade got married and we got to spend the night out on the town. Such a pretty bride. I love weddings. And, I LOVE the view from the JSMB, this picture spot never gets old.

LASIK
Early December I got LASIK! It was an early Christmas present and let's just say it was one of the best gifts I've ever received! I wanted to get one last photo of me with my glasses before I went in for surgery...
I traded them in for a new pair of eyes! Pretty amazing right!? I can see like a champ!

First Presidency Christmas Devotional
As tradition would have it, we kicked off the Christmas season by going to the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It's weird to think that that was our first date over 4 years ago! (Note that from this point forward I have not been wearing makeup while I wait for my eyes to heal. Just embrace my natural beauty please).
These fine people joined us. It's always fun going with the group and enjoying the festive spirit that is there.

Montgomery Family Christmas Party
I feel so blessed to have married into such a fun family. Due to the large mass of people, we always have the Christmas Party in a church gymnasium of sorts. As was the case this year. But it definitely worked in our favor when Mark and his 2 brothers surprised us all with a little talent performance....



 
 Who knew we had such talented Italian singers in the family?! Of course, the rest of the night was filled with presents and food...as any good holiday should be.
 

MoTab Christmas Concert
Yet another tradition, we were lucky enough to get tickets to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert.
It's always good to get together with my family and enjoy a night out. Love them. 

Work Christmas Party
I work at an awesome place with awesome people. We had an ugly sweater party,  I decided to go full out, turtleneck and all...

Christmas Day!
Christmas was perfect! We spent the weekend down with my parents and we definitely got spoiled! This was the first Christmas Mark had not had to work in like 6 years! I felt so spoiled that I got to spend the ENTIRE holiday with him all to myself and not have to share him with the hospital. Lucky me!

New Years!
New Years I wasn't so lucky, but I still had a great time ringing in the New Year with my family.


Don't worry... I still manged to get my Midnight Kiss via skype...


That's a wrap people. Give yourself a gold star if you made it all the way through this post. And then go do something more productive with your day than me.

4 comments:

Travis and Addie Ohrn said...

Loved the update Michelle! :) And super jealous you go lasik!

Meggara said...

i was so thrilled to see you got lasik!! best decision anyone can make really.

MelanieBrenchley said...

Wish I had your natural beauty. I look kind-of like a white bunny rabbit (with the pink eyes) without eye make up :) Hope to see you guys soon. <3, Mel
ps - Mark looks about 13 in his kiss pic!

Lauren@ "Happiness is..." said...

congrats on Lasik, I keep telling Steve he needs to get it, but he refuses. He's paranoid I guess. And I wish that I looked that good without Make-up. You are just lovely! And btw.....sometimes blogging can be productive! haha