Monday, February 20, 2012

The Kitch

 Remember when our (aka By & Caths) kitchen once looks like this...


And then I painted and trimmed the cabinets to look like this....


Well, now it looks like this...


It's amazing what a fresh coat a paint, granite counter tops, and a few finishing touches can do.  Once I painted the cabinets it sort of got the ball rolling and By & Cath decided to get some new granite counter tops. That meant ripping out out all the old tile and adding some new darling subway tiles. Melanie (sis-in-law) and I decided to be bold and paint the walls a sea foam blue, and I LOVE them. Hopefully By & Cath will agree when they come home in 8 months.






The best part is, we were so cost effective! Ok, so I never knew tile was as expensive as it is. But, I found these sheets of subway at Lowe's for only $3 sq/foot.  This darling little RL rug was a steal of a deal at TJMaxx and it goes just perfect. Despite my love for the blue, it's was a tough color to match. I got lucky and found the fabric at HomeFabrics for also a steal of a deal! So, a few Saturday's later we're all put back together again.

Byron and Catherine, we sure hope you enjoy your new Kitchen. Thanks for letting me practice my creativity on your house. If you hate it...I'll willingly help you take it all apart when you get home :)

2 comments:

emma said...

such a great improvement! i love it.

Kelly Jean said...

So impressed! Love the upgrade!!