Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween 2012

My cute friends Makenzie and Josh threw the most fantastic Halloween party this year! I have always LOVED Halloween. I mean...who doesn't like dressing and eating candy?! There were some pretty fantastic costumes this year too (minus mine, which was a very last minute terrible version of the Mad Hatter consisting of anything weird I could find in my closet)...


Can you believe those Monsters Inc. costumes!? Josh and Makenzie always have the best costumes. And...they totally made those costumes on their own, paper mache style. So impressive. And could anyone be a better Buzz Light Year than Bryce...I mean just look at that face! Everyone looked great.


Just LOOK at those cupcakes, mummy apples and pudding cups! Seriously Makenzie, you need to start your own party planning biz. Her taco soup was tasty too!

So we had this great idea to make Haunted Houses and have a competition for whoever could make the best one. We paired up as couples, so naturally that meant Tara and I were a couple (so perfect). Both of our hubbies were off working. It was a lot harder than you would think to put those things together. They turned out all sorts of spooky!


And the winner.....


Yay Bryce, Lauren and soon to be Baby Bagley! Lauren and Bryce surprised us all when they revealed their haunted house with the most exciting news! It's crazy...Lauren will be the first of "us five" to have a baby and we could not be more thrilled for her. Now we'll finally have someone who can break the ice and share all the secrets/tricks about pregnancy with us.

Thanks again Kenz for the fantastic party, it was such a good time!

Next up on my Halloween calendar was my work party. Halloween is a pretty big deal around the office. Pretty much everyone wears a costume and we have a big lunch party. I'm so glad I don't work with a bunch of stiff-necks who think dressing up is childish and not appropriate in the workplace. Once again my costume was very last minute (thanks to living in pure chaos while packing up boxes for our move). This is what I came up with...


I went as a "Pop Art" comic! I found a sweet tutorial on YouTube for Pop Art Comic Make-up and thought...I could do that. I think it turned out pretty sweet with such short timing. Here are some of my other favorites from the party...



So I had sent a photo to Mark of my costume because he didn't see me before I left for work. When I got home that night Mark was hiding behind the door and asked, "I are you still wearing your costume!?" I told him I wasn't and that I took it off earlier. He than came out from behind the door and said, "Good, because you were FREAKING ME OUT with that makeup". Apparently he thought I looked a little too much like a 2D Comic and some hidden fear in him was unleashed. Ha! So Marky...this last one is ALL for you:

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I just love your costume!!