Sunday, May 4, 2014

Christmas 2013

Christmas 2013


Christmas was a dream with my paper eating babe this year, and guess what!? I even successfully surprised Mark with a Christmas present! More on that later. Look at how cute Mr. Harvey was in his Christmas sweater! Ooooh I could just eat that kid up!


Four months was really when Harvey's little personality started to come out. He was finally starting to be mobile, rolling from his back to his front, and doing 20-point-rolls to get from one side of the room to the other. He was also starting to really find his voice...this boy could scream!


We spent Christmas Eve and Morning with my parents. Not only do we enjoy their company, but it's a lot more fun to watch others open their gifts. And with three families...there were a lot of gifts!



Harvey, of course, didn't get a hootenanny about any of the gifts. He just wanted to rustle and eat the wrapping paper. This boy will put ANYTHING in his mouth to chew on.

Every year Mark says "Let's not buy each other any gifts. We don't need anything." I, being the rule follower of the family, never really get him anything. Meanwhile, Mark always has some hidden present for me and completely spoils me! So not fair! So this year when Mark said 'I don't want anything, really," I knew better.

It wasn't easy, but I managed to surprise him this year without him having a clue! Hmm...I wonder what could possibly go with those grill utensils Mark? He's been talking about getting a grill ever since we bout our own place. Well, really, since long before that...we just never had a place to actually put one. Needless to say he was surprised and happy.



Then...of course...the big stinker played it off like he really didn't get me anything that year. It wasn't until later on that day that he unveiled a secret package behind the tree that had my name written on it. He way outdid himself and got me a new iPad air. So glad I DID buy him a gift this year after all so I wouldn't once again look like the thoughtless wife.




No comments: